CONGRATULATIONS on deciding to become a NEW Scentsy Business Owner! Here are some steps for you to get your business started off STRONG!
Your focus in your first 30 days is to fill your calendar with activity, get your products and business supplies, and learn how to duplicate what your sponsor or up line does. This is a game of “follow the leader.” You will need to plug in to everything that is available to you and know that you are in business for yourself but not by yourself! Watch training videos, read the start up guide, get in Facebook groups and get ready to soak it all in. Time to DREAM BIG and get moving!
What to do first with Scentsy
1. Sign up as an New Scentsy Consultant by going to your sponsor’s personal website and clicking on the teal JOIN SCENTSY button in the middle of the page. You then choose English and are brought to the Welcome page. Once you enter your information, you will be able to scroll down and confirm your sponsor. You should see her name, picture, town and phone number. If your sponsor is showing then you will click continue.
2. On that same page, you will select the $99 Starter Kit to get your going.
3. You will then enter all of your personal information such as your birth date, social security number, phone, shipping address.
4. Next you will choose a password for your workstation. It needs to be at least 8 characters long, contain at least one lower case letter, on upper case letter and one special number or character.
5. You will then choose a security question and a security question answer.
6. You can then choose your website address name. I suggest you try to use your name. It will be easy for your customers to remember. If your name is taken, choose something easy and we can go back and change it later.
7. You will then read the consultant agreement, acknowledge the agreement and you can then move onto your payment.
8. Congratulations! You have officially started your own Scentsy Business.
While Waiting for your Scentsy Kit to arrive here are some things you can do NOW…
1. Meet with your Sponsor within 24-48 hours of making your decision for a business strategy session! You can do this in person, online, via Zoom, Marco Polo, Facebook. Whatever works best. Then discuss what are your dreams, goals and desires? How much money do you want to make and by when? What is your why? How many hours per week can you commit to your business? Will you be part time Scentsy, Full Time Scentsy or BIG TIME SCENTSY!
2. Start working on your 100 Name Contact List. Make a list of everyone you know. These are the people you are going to invite to your launches, ask to host a girls night, and ask to try the products. Then highlight 5-10 people on that list who you would love to share Scentsy business opportunity with. (organized, successful, entrepreneurial, fun, well liked, good social circle, conscientious about health, etc.)
3. Schedule Your Activity: The goal is to introduce Scentsy to 50 or more people per month! This is EASY when you do a combination of Scentsy home parties, (group presentations), tote parties and one-on-one appointments to share Scentsy with Individuals or talk about joining your team. It adds up quickly: a combination of 4-8 Scentsy parties per month with 5 guests + 2-3 one-on-one appointments weekly = 50+ people with whom you get to share the Scentsy Story.
4. Your Calendar IS your business, so filling it is your first priority: I recommend that you pick 2 back to back business launch dates with your sponsor, and get these on the calendar ASAP! This will get your sponsor in front of your network to help you find people who would be great to do this with you and gain support from friends and family through hosting their own Scentsy parties.
5. Schedule an Scentsy Dream Team event at your home with your sponsor or get them on your sponsor’s Opportunity Webinar. This will be business focused, and the goal is to attract business partners right away! This can be scheduled before or after your business launch party.
6. Who do you invite? The people you would LOVE to have in your business! Who is your “A” team? Who is great at everything they do–whether it be the best stay-at-home mom or atop corporate executive– you never know who is LOOKING for this opportunity. How much FUN would be to work with the people you already know and love? For anyone who can’t make your Dream Team event, schedule business appointments to talk about the business.
7.Schedule 4-6 home parties (depending on your goals) in addition to your business launches, in your first 30 days. It’s best to have these scheduled and on the calendar before you host your launch events. You do NOT want to be filling your start month from your launch events. Those bookings will fill the upcoming month and get momentum going for you!
8. Join your Up line Sponsor’s team Facebook page. Be sure to check both text and Facebook daily to stay up to date on upcoming meetings, opportunity calls, and training.
When your Scentsy Starter Kit arrives…
1. Read through the training materials loaded on your Scentsy Work Station, including your Start up guide and of course the Policy and Procedure Manual.
2. Create your “WHY” and ask for help from your sponsor to make it your Scentsy Story.
3. Review the Compensation Plan and set your goals. Where do you want to be and what is it going to take to get there? Talk to your Sponsor/Upline for guidance and coaching.
4. Focus on a $2,000 Personal Sales (to customers) monthly building block to create a $600-$700 paycheck right away.
5. Sponsor business partners onto your team and duplicate the system. Show them how to focus on a $2,000 Personal Sales monthly building block, and help them sponsor 2 business partners for a thriving business!
6. PLUG IN to the monthly meetings and weekly team calls. You are in business—meetings will help you hone your skills and bring new Consultants onto your team. Schedule these calls calls into your calendar so you can be on them.
7. HAVE FUN!!!! Enjoy your journey!
8. Order your business cards and create labels for your catalogs
9. Review training and resources on team Facebook Group Page! We are the WICKLESS SPARKLERS!
10. Open a separate bank account to keep business purchases separate. It is recommended that you dedicate a separate credit card for business expenses only.
12. Set up a professional voice mail greeting and email signature designating you as an official Scentsy Consultant.
13. Learn to navigate the Scentsy website. Find tools, graphics, sales performance stats, order history, webinars, and more when you log in using your email and password.
14. Learn how to place an order. Check the Training area for videos or You Tube.
15. Learn how to set up a Scentsy Party in the Workstation and look under the “News” tab for “Trainings & Webinars”).
16. Learn how to sign up a New Consultant.
17. Set up your Scentsy website with your photo & story (ie: www.jilleysue.scentsy.us) People want to know who they are doing business with.
18. Set up a Facebook page for your Scentsy business. You want to be able to reach everyone every where and um yeah, you are a real business. Show up like one.
This list is long and I know it seems like a lot but reach out to your sponsor and everyone on your team. You have all the help and resources you need right at your finger tips and we are here to help make your dreams come true.
If you are still thinking about signing up to start your Scentsy business, join me on my Facebook Fan page and lets set up a time to chat. I would love to talk to you about how you really CAN do this. You too can have the life you choose, not one someone else has chosen for you.