Promoting your Direct Sales Business today is so much different from when it first started back in the day. Even as few as 5 years ago, selling via door to door and by home parties was considered normal practice for most direct sellers – and it still works! Today with the popularity of social media and the changes in marketing practices, combining your marketing efforts between online and offline promotions is the best way to run a successful direct sales business.
If you are looking for ways to promote your business online, here are 5 strong methods that you should be adding to your marketing efforts.
1. Business Blogging – If you have not started a blog yet…now is the time to do so! Managing and publishing a blog is one of the lowest cost ways to promote your direct sales business online. For blogging to work, you will need to be consistent with your blogging efforts and make your blog a valuable informative resource for your party hosts, customers and team members. See my Ultimate 5 blogging Tips to follow if you are just getting started.
2. Article Marketing – You don’t have to be a professional writer to use article marketing as one of your marketing business tactics. When you write articles for article marketing programs it is important that you don’t turn them into a spammy business advertisement. You want your articles to be informative written pieces that have something to do with your business niche. You then submit the articles to several of the top article directories online for members to use as web content, blog and/or newsletter content on their own sites.
3. Blogger Outreach – Companies large and small are implementing online blogger outreach programs and targeting mom blogs and/or niche related blogs to have their products reviewed. The benefits of this are many and include: important incoming one-way links to your site, business and product exposure, outreach on social media and so forth, building relationships with other business owners.
4. Guest Blogging or Webinar Guests – Bloggers are always looking for informative content to add to their established blogs. For guest blogging to work for you, find a few blogs that have readers within your target market audience. Contact those blog owners to see if they accept guest blogging content and if so, work out a deal with them for you to participate. Volunteer to be a webinar guest in another consultants team meeting in another company. The key is visibility and getting your name out there. We all know direct sellers change companies all the time. YOU want to be the go to XYZ girl. Getting people to remember you will do just that.
5. Social Media – Almost all companies online have some type of presence on social media. Social media sites include: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Periscope, YouTube, Pinterest, and several others. While we don’t recommend that you get involved with all of them (who has the time to do that!), we do recommend that you start with Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest as our top 3 recommended choices. When you start on these platforms, forget traditional marketing and market valuable content that could help other business owners or solve a pain point for your customers. When you provide value and get your followers to know, like and trust you, you will start to build a loyal customer base that will return you repeatedly.
Adding these 5 methods to your direct sales marketing online will increase your business visibility online. Once people start to see you regularly and determine you are someone that is consistent and that they can rely on, you will begin to grow your business online. Marketing takes patience and determination. Results will not happen over night, but if you keep at it, you will see results.
Ready to really rock your direct sales biz, need more blogging tips or need your own blog built? We can help! Join my VIP group for direct sellers & get daily inspiration, tips, monthly training webinars & a whole lotta sassy from an amazing community of Direct Sales GIRLBOSSES!!