Welcome packets and an amazing welcome to your direct sales family is super important when new consultants start their journey with you. It is important that your new consultant get off to great start and I find that when people feel like they are immediately part of a family, they become more engaged, more interactive, more willing to jump in head first and get their business move.
Your consultant will not only feel supported by you, but she will love the support she gets from the entire team and she will know she has all the resources she needs to get moving before she even gets her kit. There is nothing like A New Welcome Packets….or is there?
Why I don’t do New Consultant Welcome Packets anymore
Everybody always asks me what I put in my welcome packets. Truth is when you first start in this industry, you want to give your new consultants the world. You will fill a folder full of endless printed documents, tons of charts, lists, letters and cards but in all actuality, the folder most probably will end up in the trash.
I found that even when I spent countless hours creating these folders, with all the information a new Consultant could ever need, they would rarely even open anything except the hand written card I sent to them. They absolutely loved the heart felt note and always message me thanking them for welcoming them, but NOTHING about all the documents I sent. Not because they were being rude or didn’t care, but we are living in a digital world people. Even books are digital. Everything every consultant could ever need is online.
Besides, we want people to look for things online. We want them to know where to go to find information. Why? Because this makes them a stronger, more powerful leaders. They can learn in these moments when they are looking for commission information or how to enter a party by watching one of corporate’s fabulous videos how to actually do things themselves and how much potential they actually have.
We must keep this business simple. That is why we got into it right? That is why I made a change that saved me hours.
I stopped doing New Consultant Welcome Packets and started doing welcome mail. I decided I would only send what would fit in a small 6 x 4 card envelope, but I would make it the best darn mini mail I could possibly send. No more chats, graphs, checklists, letters, pointers, product information. No more big bulky packages that cost $5.00 to mail. Time to keep things simple and duplicatable.
You see, whatever you do in your business for one, you should be able to do for 1000, 10,000 and it should be easy to duplicate by your team. When a new consultant first joins, they don’t have hundreds of dollars to spend on bubble mailers, printing, stamps and whatever else. If this business isn’t easy, people will quit for the simple fact…they just don’t believe they can do it or they can afford it. Keep it simple. Make everyone see that you don’t have to be big and extravagant to make an impact on someone new. New Consultants Welcome Packets that are big and bulky aren’t going to make the difference in your business. Personal connection and attention is what will build your team culture
What I include in my Welcome Packets
You won’t believe how simple this really is. I include 5 things in my Happy Mail. They include:
- A Welcome Magnet. I created these on Canva.com and then had them printed them at www.vistaprint.com This magnet has all the important information they will need as a new consultant. I included the Home office phone number, my Facebook group link and when our Team Webinar is. I then included the Fast Start Awards that I surely want to have them pay attention to so that they can shoot out of the gate rocking their business.
- A positive thought or title magnet. I again created these on Canva and had them printed on Vista print. These are flat and my new consultants love collecting them through out their journey
- My Business Card. Always drop a business card inside so that your new designer has your information. She’ll have a lot of questions and you certainly want to set up those one on ones.
- A post card of where they are. It is important for a new consultant to know what title they are at and what they need to do to get to the next level. I have these printed at vista print.
- And the last thing I do is I spray the Welcome Packet with one of our fabulous scents and make sure my picture is on every label so that they know who I am and who is sending them this fun mail. And of course I add GLITTER! It’s a darn celebration right so GLITTER is mandatory. Make this new journey fun from the very beginning. You can get this from the Target dollar bin or any craft store. Its super cheap.
My new consultants absolutely love this happy mail. Its simple, quick and easy. They aren’t bombarded by a full binder full of information which will cause them to feel overwhelmed or even worse thinking, “How can I build a team, I don’t know how to do all this.” With Happy Welcome Mail, they can see how simple it is and they get excited to help welcome their first new designer immediately.
I would love to hear about what you put in your welcome packets or if you want one of these fabulous little envelopes in the mail than let’s chat about you Joining my Team. Click here to check out the SPARKLE SQUAD.
I need to mention that I do not send welcome mail to my second line and beyond anymore. I do send a text graphic that looks like my magnet in image 1 to all my new group members. I welcome them and start the conversation so that they know I am there to help them along with their sponsor. 🙂
Need more Leadership Tips as your grow your team, check out my blog post with my TOP LEADERSHIP CHECKLIST HERE.
I would love to have you on my team and send you some Welcome Mail with a Jilleysue Glitter Bomb of course LOL.