Have you been paying attention to your Business Instagram account? Did you know Instagram in general has over 300 million users? Did you know over 2 million accounts are opening every single day? Did you know that out of all of our consultants in my personal business, only a very small percentage are using Instagram correctly or even for business? I have been obsessed with Instagram since 2011. So many of us are visual people and I like you, would post anything and everything going on through out my day on Instagram. That is perfectly ok, but you must think differently if you want to use Instagram for business. It is the perfect way to find new customers and team members if used correctly. Check out my You Tube video about the difference between personal and business Instagram accounts.
It is hard to believe in such a short time how much this platform has evolved especially being one of the only platforms, along with Snap chat that is used solely on our phones. (We’ll get into Snap Chat later). What started out as a fun photo sharing app now has businesses attention and now all businesses big and small are using it as a great tool to share their content and market their content.
But Jilleysue, How do I market my business and get more Instagram likes and followers?
I get asked this question about Instagram engagement more and more every day. For some this can be very overwhelming but I have some great tips to help you get started. Some thing we have to remember is 46% of our consultants are millennials. They have been using Instagram and Social Media since early child hood. This is super relevant. Why? Because if we want to speak their language, then we need to be using these platforms to relate. We need to be on their level and able to do what they do. Let’s get started with some tips:
1. First you must learn how to speak the Instagram language. Yes, that is right you must learn what the heck everyone is talking about when they post their photos. If you want more Instagram engagement, you have to know what the heck is going on. Have you noticed hashtags like #instaawesome, #tbt, #instasparkle? Do you look at these and say, “What in the heck are they talking about?” Well those hashtags were used back in the early days of Instagram. Now what you really need to focus on is finding hashtags that your target market would be searching for. What type of customer are you trying to attract? Stay at home mommies? Well if so, what would those ladies be searching for. Once you determine what your target market would be searching for, you need to choose hashtags that are not overly dominated and under used. Choose hashtags that have search results right in the middle. This will allow your photo to get more eyeballs on it.
2. Do not use Hashtags that have to do with your corporate business if you wan to find new people besides consultants. Think about it. Who are the main people who are going to look up the hashtag business name? Yes, other consultants in your company. Use trending hashtags, popular hashtags. Use hashtags that have to do with the picture you are posting. If you don’t know about hashtags, the first thing you should is become very verse in the explore tab on Instagram and search around in that area. I remember when I was first getting started, one of the first thing I did was write down the most relevant hashtags that I knew people would be looking for that might love my particular product. Who would help? Who would fall in love with our products or maybe want to start their own business? Nurses? Teachers? Work at home mommies. The list is endless.
Most industries have at least a handful of hashtags specific to a particular niche. For directsales for example you might want to use #stayathomemom or #homebasedbusiness. Scentsy, you might want to use #homedecor or #fragrance. Following top consultants in the company with active Instagram accounts to see what they are doing will also help you get an idea of what is working and what is not.
3. Your Instagram account should be a BUSINESS account if your goal is to try to find new customers and team members. Instagram allows a ton more of their tools and features to be used when your account is a business account. You don’t necessarily have to add your specific address but you can add your city. This will allow locals to find you thru the explore area.
4. You really need to understand the foundation of Instagram and how it all works. Be sure you are aware of the following
- Hashtags Filters
- Photo Editing
- Colors Photo Composition
- Instagram Stories
- Instagram Insights
5. Click “Like” and Comment. Yes you must engage, not just post for this to work.
If you click like on other people’s photos, they will return the favor. It is all about engagement. People loved to be liked and once you do like their photo, you will show up in their feed. Not only should you post photos daily, but you should take 30 minutes to an hour to like other people’s photos and even more important, leave comments. And I do mean AUTHENTIC comments. Not just comments that have to do with your business or following you. But it isn’t just about clicking like. You need to comment and engage. That is right. Instagram only counts comments with more than 4 words as engagement and sorry but emojis do not count. The more you people you engage with, the more Instagram will show your photos to those people. So if you are only engaging with family, friends or other consultants, then those are the only people who will be seeing your posts. Spend 20-30 minutes a day engaging with people who are new and have things in common with you.
6. Edit Photos
Brighten photos, edit them. Give them a new look. You will give them just a little more pizazza and in turn help with your Instagram Likes.
Use apps like VSCO or Snap Seed to make your photo really pop.
7. Post great content and post cool stuff. People WILL not come back to your page if you don’t post cool stuff period. They have seen the same photos from 70,000 other consultants. You need to stand out. So think about some of these.
There’s lots of cool stuff to post to gain more Instagram Likes:
- Product Shots
- Inspiring quotes
- Motivational pictures
- Business Tips
- Strategies you use for your business
- Day in the life
- Party shots
- Behind the scenes
The more you show your followers the real you and what you do in your Scentsy business, the more people are apt to follow you. People just are not interested in ads.
These tips will definitely help you market your business and gain more likes on your Instagram account. Remember mix it up. Don’t just focus on one thing. People love video and all kinds of content. Keep them guessing and coming back. Are you on Instagram? After reading this….What’s the first thing you’ll do to market your business on Instagram? Be sure to follow me on my Instagram accounts. You will see how they are distinctly different and are laser focused on a particular message.
Social Media Tips & Training Account
My Personal Account & Scentsy Journey
Do you have an Instagram account? Be sure to join me in my FREE Social Media community and say hello so I can check it out.