Choosing the right mentor is probably one of the most important decisions you can make when you are about to start your business. Starting your own home based business can be so much fun to share with people but making sure you have the right support system can be the key factor as to whether you succeed or fail. You may hear about a particular business from someone or a relative might be in that particular company, but that doesn’t mean that they are the best fit to help you succeed in your business.
You are about to start a business, so choosing the right business and mentor is a major point that needs to have some research done.
Choosing the right mentor should involve some research and questions.
1. Are they familiar with Direct Sales?
2. Are they familiar with the company you are looking in to?
3. Is the mentor a go-getter, a leader?
4. Are they available to train you and help you with any questions they may have?
5. Are they familiar with all aspects of marketing your business such as home parties, events, fundraisers, online, social media, catalog parties?
6. Do they have weekly team webinars?
7. Are you able to see them either in person, via zoom or webinar every single week?
8. Do they have new consultant training or a place to send you as a resource?
9. Do they have opportunity nights to help you start building your team right out of the gate?
11. Do they have Social Media & online influencer training so that you can start building your business online right away?
….Psst! My Tribe as all of that, just saying. 🙂
How about the personality of your mentor? And the culture of your Team?
You really need to take a close look as to whether you need a local mentor or you are OK with someone not so close to you. Some people need hands on training and some are OK with training online. You need to choose what works best for you. Take some time to get to know the mentor either by phone, online or in person and ask yourself the following questions.
1. Does she have a great personality?
2. Does her personality fit with yours?
3. Is she truthful and honest?
4. Does she do things according to the company standards?
5. Is she knowledgeable and familiar with the company you are looking into?
6. Is she inspiring?
7. What has she accomplished?
8. Is the team positive and is the team page somewhere you’ll want to visit daily?
9. Do other team members say this mentor lifts them up?
Your mentor is needs to be your partner, your friend, your coach, your personal cheerleader, your mentor and very involved in your business.
Is your potential mentor working her business? Is she doing training? Does she care about the success of her team?
Choosing your mentor is a business decision. As I stated before, it could be the single most important decision that you make. Ask questions, research, and find someone that cares as much about your business and you as you do.
I absolutely love to mentor my team. It fulfills me in every sense of the word. I may not be the perfect mentor for you but I would love to chat with you to see or to point you in the right direction to find one that fits you and your business.
The next question should be about the Career Plan
Once you find a mentor that you believe is the perfect it, it is time to find out how much money you can make with this type of business. A great mentor will be able to explain exactly what you need to do with this business in order to make it a serious business decision and getting started right away.
How to find the right mentor and the right company? interested in becoming a Home Decor influencer? Let’s Chat! I may not be the perfect mentor for you but I would love to chat with you to see or point you in the right direction. Shoot me a DM on Instagram. Let’s see if we can make you a part of our tribe.